Most Extensive Coverage On-Air and Online of Campaign 2014
From the opening of the polls to the final ballot, Eyewitness News provided viewers with the most in-depth coverage of Primary Night on all platforms. Eyewitness News had reporters at local political headquarters bringing viewers victory speeches live from major winners, and expert analysis from Joe Fleming, which allowed Eyewitness News to declare winners first in key races.
As a result, Eyewitness News:
- Had the highest rated Primary Night number (9pm to 10pm), reaching 42,200 viewers 18+
- Reached 81,000 households with expanded Primary Night coverage
WPRI’s comprehensive coverage was dominant online as well. WPRI.com brought users the fastest and most accurate results of any local media website. Expanded coverage on WPRI.com provided viewers with live results on all state races, live streaming video, and a minute-by-minute Primary Night live blog by WPRI.com reporter Ted Nesi. WPRI.com’s political coverage has:
- Received more than 389,000 page views and 106,000 visits on Primary Day alone
- Minute-by-minute Primary Night live blog received 61,000 page views and 20,000 visits
- From 6/1/14 to 9/11/14 – Received more than 716,000 page views and 313,000 visits
- Reached 174,000 monthly unique visitors
- Eyewitness News continuing coverage of Campaign 2014 has delivered more than 11,000 video views and over 6,500 YouTube views
“Leading up to Tuesday, November 4th, Eyewitness News on WPRI 12, Fox Providence and on WPRI.com will continue to bring viewers the information they need to make an informed decision on Election Day,” says News Director Karen Rezendes. “With more live televised debates, more exclusive polls, and more in-depth content on-air and online, Eyewitness News continues our commitment to covering Campaign 2014.”
Source: Nielsen Media, September 2014. Adobe Marketing Cloud (formerly Omniture), September 2014.
About WPRI 12 & Fox Providence; WPRI 12 & Fox Providence provides local news, network and syndicated entertainment and local programming to the viewers of the Providence RI/New Bedford MA television market. Both stations are also known for broadcasting Eyewitness News and delivering quality television and digital media.